30.3.08

All moved in

Ok, I know it has bene a while, but hey, it has been a stressful last few weeks to say the least. I moved to Houston last Saturday and have spent the whole week unpacking. Fun, fun. I love the new house though. And, in reality, it is coming together nicely. I have most of the boxes unpacked and most of the pictures up. I am just too anal to let things sit around...imagine that. Now, the fun part is trying to get back to training. I haven't done much in about 2 weeks. There NO WAY I am going to be ready for the Nashville marathon, but oh well. I wasn't ready for Houston either (since I didn't decide to run the full marathon until mile 9) and did ok, so surely I can do ok here also. Then, there is this whole issue about the half in Orlando. There is NO WAY I am going to be close to ready for that either. I think I am just going to have to accept that this may not be the best year. I am just going to have fun and enjoy it, who really cares about results. I have been thinking a lot about that lately. Being competitive vs. the fun of the training and race. I thought for a little bit I may actually want to try to be competitive, and came to the conclusion that this really is just for fun and I want to keep it that way. If something good happens, so be it, but there is more to life than this, and this next year is going to be consumed with a lot of other things. The fun of life :) Anyway, I am already missing New Orleans. Missing my friends, but at the same time, I know I will meet new people in Houston. I love my neighbors, and it is nice being near Jindy. I guess this is what life is all about.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Hey Christy - We met briefly at IM Flordia this year - I'm friends with Joy and Damie in Memphis and got to your blog through Damie's. I totally relate to the competitiveness vs. fun internal conflict. You want to do well, but if it's not fun then what's the point really? Not that I'm nearly as bad arse as you are.... ;) Good luck in your upcoming events and congrats on all the great new life adventures!

Damie said...

Yeah...you have updated!!!! I love you Miss Boh. I miss New Orleans too, and I miss the thought of not seeing you when I am there. We have to make sure we make lots and lots of effort to meet up through the years. I know you have always been about having fun. Keep your beautiful heart and any endeavor you take on will be successful. I think we all have to remember that "results" are not the only way to define success. xxxooo post pics of the house!