4.3.08

Getting into the thick of things

So, I got the house, I am now a true American, completely in debt :) It is better than rent though, and I love the house so I am very excited. I also started getting heavy into the wedding planning process. We have two places on hold, the one we really like and the one that is very nice but much more affordable. I have a question...why should proclaiming your love for someone put you even farther in debt. It is hard for me to comprehend how a dozen roses cost, what, maybe $40, but wrap some ribbon around it and call it a bouquet and it is all of a sudden $200. Why is that? And I understand sending invitations, response cards, and even the cards that have the address of the reception, but there is another card, the "note" card, the just has your name on it, what is the point? Those things add up and it doesn't add to the value of the ceremony. I guess I am not exactly doing things the traditional way anyway so maybe I will forgo some of the traditions. No, nothing too major, my mother would shoot me. Little things, like a sapphire engagement ring, we may have ice-cream and assorted deserts instead of cake, and I am contemplating no bouquet toss, little things. I am saying this for the record...I do not want to stress over this. I do not want to go beyond our means because it is about two words and nothing else really matters! I hope I can remember this!

1 comment:

Damie said...

Christy, don't forget I am the master of thrify weddings. So, let me help. I have all kinds of ideas, stuff you can use, etc. I can even make your bouquet to toss...it would cost me nothing. Honestly...anything you need, questions, etc...just call me. Let me help you!!