17.4.08

A real training week

So, I finally did it, had a real training week. Monday was a recovery bike ride, Tuesday was the hard day. I ran 10 miles in the morning which included 4 sets of parking garages, then Tuesday night was the "in town" bike ride. This is the hardest bike ride I have ever done! It is all the starting and stopping and trying to keep up with the guys that kills me. I am just not as stong off the line so I have to go all out to catch the group at every light. Wed morning was track...thank goodness Wed night was girls night out! I needed the break. I also needed girls night. It was sooo much fun. I miss just hanging out since I am not with my old group of friends. It was also nice to take a break from the cleaning and putting things away, a night away from the house :) Today I did a 30 mile ride in the morning and swam tonight. Yes, I got in the pool, ok for the first time in a week, but I still did it. Tomorrow morning we are running and tomorrow night I may hit the Pilates reformer machine. Yeah. I feel good! It is amazing how a good workout week can make you feel good about yourself. Sometimes you just need that!!!!

3 comments:

Damie said...

yeah, sometimes it just takes that one good week to get to feeling like the machine you are!!! I think things will start to really settle in for you :)

Joy said...

I feel better just reading your post!

Laura said...

OMG Christy! I was just looking at your snapfish photos from your house and happend to look at the other album on there. I'm not sure how you know Jill and Scott, but Jill is my best friend Megan's older sister. Meg and I have been friends since 3rd grade and grew up together. CRAZY small world!